Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Try A Little Wilderness


I am always so happy when my four-footed (and sometimes six- or eight-footed) neighbors stop by for a visit! This morning I've seen Chipmunk and Dragonfly, in addition to Crow, Wasp, Grackel, Butterfly and Wren.

A few days ago I happened to see Rabbit and was able to snap a few secret photos while she nibbled on grass and clover in my back yard.

Big Bunny decides where to hop next
Animal Totem excerpt courtesy of:


Rabbit: The rabbit totem is an instrument of magic and good luck. Her gifts are spontaneity, alacrity and agility. Likewise, her path guides us to go forward with positive anticipation, for rabbit brings success to all endeavors. Rabbit is also a symbol of reproduction and abundance. The lesson is to create joy and faithfulness within our friendships. Finally, rabbit teaches us to overcome our fears as we take a conscious leap into new territory.
 
Big Bunny enjoys a late afternoon feast













The other day I also saw Hummingbird (always a delight) and I see my own Cat(s) every day, of course!
Wait - don't leave, Big Bunny...

Whenever I see these wonderful creatures, I am reminded that we are all One and I am amazed at how adaptable a species can be, including our own. Although Rabbit's life is much harder than mine, we still have much in common as we hop from one location to another in search of safety and sustenance.






No comments: