Thursday, August 2, 2012

Hot and Bothered: It's A Wrap


Yesterday, I made some jewelry upstairs, vacuumed downstairs and tried to stay cool (it was fairly warm - okay, it was too damn hot). Today was another scorcher (high 80s, nearly 90 inside before I turned on the wonderful dehumidifier a.k.a. air-cooling machine) but the sun was shining brightly, so I did some laundry and hung it out to dry and then decided to stop procrastinating and take photos of the aforementioned  jewelry in preparation for setting up my Etsy shop... yeah, well here's what happened:

I took the photos (sweating like a sumo wrestler), downloaded them onto my computer and then decided to take some more - outside, again sweating bullets (for the third or fourth time AFTER taking a nice, cool shower this morning) but discovered that I had forgotten to put the memory card back in the camera and, so, that last photo session was a total loss...sigh.

Happily, here are some of the ones that did get saved. Ta-da!

Sea glass pendants on rubber cords

(Click on any photo and you will see a larger image; all four photos should line up at the bottom of the viewing window and you can see them all in more detail.)



Rather rustic: Crystal and copper earrings
And, as an added bonus, something whimsical: A tiny chair made out of wire from a champagne bottle... so sweet! The wire is very thick and hard to bend, all the while trying to keep the tiny "seat" in place - not so easy, especially while sweating!




A cute little chair - for a doll house...


... or a fairy house?  I just need to make a few more!













I hope your day was productive and that you were able to enjoy the fruits of your labors, as I did. Now for some dinner (and maybe another shower!) 

















1 comment: