Saturday, August 4, 2012

She Fought The Good Fight

After finding out last night on Facebook that our friends' mother had passed away yesterday morning, I couldn't relax and was still up, sitting at the computer, when my husband got home from work around midnight - I stayed up too late talking to him (2 am), then woke up at 5 am to relieve my bladder and it was just too hot for sleeping and my mind was too busy, so I got up at 6 am, took a cool shower, made iced coffee and turned on the blessed cool-air-making machine! I had taken some more jewelry photos yesterday morning, so after checking e-mail and Facebook again for updates I downloaded them, which I will share at the end. I'll have to rely on my Gemini energy to get me through the day!

Joan McIntosh - mother, grandmother, friend
                       
We Miss You, Dear Joan

My soul is full of whispered song; 
My blindness is my sight; 
The shadows that I feared so long 
Are all alive with light.
                ~ Alice Cary, "Dying Hymn"

Joan McIntosh was a wonderful, sweet, funny, good-natured lady. She raised four great kids (although one was taken from her too soon) and had just turned 80. We are fortunate to have known her and wish her a safe journey to the other side. She is missed by many and loved by all. 


Here are more photos of my most recent creative binge...

Two new wire-wrapped sea glass pendants

















Four more pairs of earrings (well, three are new)
















Close-up of these wood, glass and metal earrings





















No comments: