Thursday, April 26, 2012

That's Life

I saw this quote posted recently on Facebook and thought it was worth sharing:

Me & my muse (I'll call her "Ell") get a facelift (1990s)



"In life, you will realize that there is a purpose for everyone you meet: Some will test you, some will use you and some will teach you; but most important are the ones who bring out the best in you, respect you and accept you for who you are. Those are the ones worth keeping."

(Below: The 4 Musketeers - my best friends from high school at my wedding, 2009)






I've seen that quote before but I could not find it attributed to anyone - I also found this, though, which I like even more:

Gareth Williams' art for E.B. White's Charlotte's Web




“You have been my friend. That in itself is a tremendous thing. I wove my webs for you because I liked you. After all, what’s a life, anyway? We’re born, we live a little while, we die. A spider’s life can’t help being something of a mess, with all this trapping and eating flies. By helping you, perhaps I was trying to lift up my life a trifle. Heaven knows anyone’s life can stand a little of that.” 
— Charlotte, Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White

(image courtesy of Flavorwire)


What a wonderful book - I wonder if I still have a copy...

For now, I am struck dumb by the serendipity of this moment: a simple illustration showing a small spider "spinning" her unique philosophy on the meaning of friendship - with a pig, yet - now that IS terrific!


"From now until the end of time - I am your friend and you are mine." (TJBGoogins) To my friends: you know who you are and I love you all.


Peace ~ Love ~ Light












No comments: