Sunday, April 22, 2012

Every Day Is Earth Day...


"The Elementals" - acrylic on canvas by Josephine Wall
Wind blows

Fire burns

Water flows

Earth turns




by T J B Googins



I sometimes go to a quartz crystal bowl holographic sound healing meditation concert hosted by a local spa - tonight's event honored the Earth and celebrated the renewal of Spring. One of the things mentioned at the beginning were  "elementals" - deities of air, fire, water and earth - something I've been reading about and incorporating into a children's book I'm writing, so it's an interesting topic for me.

I Googled "elementals" and found the image above at this web site:

http://www.josephinewall.co.uk/elementals.html

(I will mention here that one of my all-time favorite films is Luc Besson's "The Fifth Element" - a wonderful romp into the 23rd century where everyone is trying to capture the four elements that, finally, combine with a "fifth" element, or supreme being, to - with a little help from some good-hearted Earthlings - eventually save the world.) The image below was found at:
"Leeloo Dallas, multi-pass." "Yes - she knows it's a multi-pass!"



Anyway, we got some much-needed rain today, so our little section of the Earth is very happy!



No comments: