Wednesday, July 13, 2011

There's A Storm Coming... I Know



A day off...

Thinking about things, about making changes

Doing things, researching, wondering about things...

What things?

Right now, I'm watching a storm roll in (or roll by, not sure which) the cats and I can smell the rain

I love rain and distant thunder...

I love a good breeze but high winds scare me a little...

I'm fascinated by lightning but don't like tempting fate...

There's definitely some weather moving through here - hopefully we won't lose power but it's high summer here and the trees are laden with leaves, which means they'll catch a lot of wind and that's what pulls them down - I love being home when it rains!! Here's some things I've written about weather like this:

A day of wet and windy weather
washing my soul clean...

Tall trees still dripping
After a night of rainfall
Damp air smelling clean

PHOTO: tjbgoogins/2011

One of my Facebook friends posted a link to a group of wonderful blogs - the first one I looked at featured microscopic photography of beach sand at different places around the world - incredible close-ups of shells, sea creatures and precious gemstones - just amazing! The book is called:

A Grain of Sand - Nature's Secret Wonder

The Amazing Microphotography of Dr. Gary Greenberg

This site is GREAT - there's a section on natural swimming pools that is very inspirational - if you click on the box showing Dr. Greenberg's photography (there's even a video) at the very bottom there are several more boxes to look at - I really loved the art made from moss...
The other blogs are just as stunning: Functional items and art made from old books, Christmas trees made out of plastic bottles (and lit up - beautiful); bicycle art; a thousand men made from all kinds of car parts and other trash; chairs and art made from cardboard and rubber tires (car and bicycle) - it's made me feel like creating - check it out!

www.inspirationgreen.com

It's raining now and I'm so in love with it - have a lovely rest of the week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photo! Lovely words. This post has such a nice rhythm to it! Nice work!

And yay for rain - this morning is just too perfect! Enjoy!