Sunday, July 17, 2011

So Crafty...







This is a pretty little pendant I gave my friend Jen for her birthday (it's on a white rubber cord) - what's cool about it is that this little piece of sea-green sea glass was picked up along the shoreline on a chilly walk with Jen and another friend (who also got a tiny wrapped piece of glass from this expedition as a present) so, rather serendipitous, I'd say...
And here's a hanging votive I made a few years ago (wrapped the glass votive holder in heavy copper wire after I painted it with several shades of glass paint/tints - a second one is similarly wrapped but in shades of orange, red and yellow...) Look: There's a little bug clinging to the top there... some kind of small, delicate flying insect - cute!

Last, but not least, I finished making a small wind chime out of reclaimed mollusk shells (with natural holes) and glass fish beads, small Swarovski crystals (to catch the sunlight and throw tiny rainbows) and a piece of tumbled glass ("twice-tossed" I believe it's called, not natural but man-made) It makes a nice tinkly sound and I'm going to send it to some folks I know who will surely appreciate it... I hope to make another one (or two, or three! It makes such a nice sound, I hate to give it up, but... I must, yes, off it goes!)


I also got some writing done on a children's story I'm working on... AND I created my first piece of original art for another children's story I wrote ages ago... I'll share that in a future posting - all in all, a "productive" day off! Hope this will fuel a creative & productive week - have a good one, y'all!!!!


2 comments:

Jen Payne said...

Whoo hoo! You go girl!
Isn't it amazing the things we can accomplish when we set our mind to it?

: )

TJ Buckley said...

yes it is... sometimes i amaze even myself!