Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Grass Is Always Greener



I finally planted some wheat grass in small plastic pots I had lying around... Now my cats can graze a little bit, since they never get to go outside (cars, ticks, wild critters - too dangerous). As you can see, Miss Silver is very interested and ended up getting in the shot - in a few days, the grass will look very chewed up and I'll have to plant some more (I should do that right now... but it's so hot) I'm sure I don't know WHY I decided to buy a hydrangea AND a sunflower today (I had grand plans of putting them in the ground pronto... but it's so hot) It tried to rain all morning and afternoon - now it's six o'clock and the sun is out again... sizzle

My new obsession: I've been cutting out a jointed paper doll - tried to put it together with ribbon and string instead of the traditional mini brads... but it isn't working too well, so I'll have to make a trip to some store or other to see if I can find some (but it's so hot...).

I hope to do a little writing and/or jewelry-making and/or card-making today before dark (but it's so... )

1 comment:

Jen Payne said...

Look! It's the imaginary cat - how did you do that?

Sweet photo - but yes, too hot for just about anything these days. But happy to hear (and see) you've been keeping busy!