Sunday, September 11, 2011

Another Day That Will Live In Infamy





Yeah - I know - it's everywhere... Nine/Eleven...

But there's no avoiding it, really, so I've just embraced it - I watched some of the newer documentaries on TV last night and checked out some links I saw on Facebook this morning - oddly enough, one of the most moving was a Budweiser commercial that only aired once (on YouTube - the Clydesdales pull the beer wagon to Ground Zero and then - music swells - they bow...) Yeah, I cried

My brother said he was going to put the flag out, and I thought that was very appropriate, even though it's not an actual national holiday, like Memorial Day or Veteran's Day or the Fourth of July - so I put out my little $1.00 flag, too - it's waving nicely, even though I have to go outside every once in a while and untangle it 

He also told me about the memorial at Ground Zero - I  couldn't verify whether or not it's actually been completed - and that it consists of two pools where the towers used to be ("The design strives to make visible what is absent." - Michael Arad, architect) They're also building a new World Trade Center skyscraper there, but it will only be about as tall as the Empire State Building - I think that's also very appropriate - and it will be followed by two or three more office buildings (after all, office space is at a premium in New York City)

Check out the new USAToday 9/11 web page (I have a friend who works there - a lot of work went into this tribute)

http://www.usatoday.com/news/911

Let's stop the hatred...
Let's shed a tear;
Let's make it better -
Let's end the fear.
TJBGoogins

"You may say I'm a dreamer... but I'm not the only one."
John Lennon

Rest in peace - and may the rest of us be allowed to go in peace




















No comments: