Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Birthday Series: Part One

"I am born." So begins Charles Dickens' novel, "Great Expectations" and isn't life just a plethora of those? I mean, don't our parents and grandparents and friends and relatives have loads of great expectations for us and then we take over and create our own list of hoped-for achievements? There will be disappointments and there will be red-letter days (What does that mean? More in the next chapter) and today I will check in and write several installments on what this birthday means to me and what I might have to look forward to... So, bring on the peacock feather cakes (or is that roast bird wrapped in pastry?) and soup tureens (or whatever else is on the table there) and help me drink some champagne and "celebrate fifty-eight" today!!

No comments: