Monday, January 2, 2017

Don't Just Think, Write




I think. A lot. All the time. About everything. And sometimes... nothing at all. 

But quite often, when I sit down to write, I am speechless. Where do the words go?

Conclusion: Thinking is not writing.

There is a quiet disconnect between my thoughts and my attempts to write.

This is frustrating. And challenging. 




















I  have put one writing project aside to work on two other ones. I go back and forth, from one to the other, expecting the time spent away from one will fuel my desire to work on the other. So far, this seems to be working. I have to focus on writing - something, anything - like Susan Sontag writes about in her diaries. 

She also says: "I think I am ready to learn how to write. Think with words, not with ideas." 



























Get started... Think with words... Learn how to write... Sit down, look down, write it down.

"Show up, show up, show up... and after a while, the muse shows up, too." Isabel Allende





No comments: