Sunday, May 4, 2014

May The Force Be With You... Today (May the Fourth)

Star Wars poster art

I'm a huge Star Wars fan (hey, I love Star Trek, too - and I don't feel like a traitor to either cause) and I've seen the films more times than I care to admit. But a silly thing happened the other day...

Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill), Leia Organa (Carrie Fisher) & Han Solo (Harrison Ford)

I've been sick for the past week with a cold (or flu, take your pick) and haven't been too active due to a low-grade fever (about 99 degrees - not bad, but my normal temperature is usually around 98.4), just enough to make me feel under the weather. When I told my husband Greg this, he made light of it, implying that I really wasn't all that sick. Well, when you're sick, you're sick and, while I wasn't lying around moaning I wasn't turning cartwheels, either! 

The ill-fated Christmas Special (wish I'd seen it, tho I've heard it was just awful)

Apparently he felt a bit guilty about being so cavalier about how I felt and sent me an e-card featuring Chewbacca saying "I love you" in Wookie-speak. At the end, the card says, "May the 4th be with you" but he had absolutely no idea that Star Wars Day (yeah, it's today) even existed (I'm sure he's not alone - I knew about it because I had looked up "unusual holidays" on the Internet a few months ago). Anyway, the card was funny, I laughed and, so, mission accomplished, dear husband. I'm still sick, but getting better.

C3PO, Obi-wan Kenobi (the brilliant Alec Guiness) and Luke (Mark Hamill)

I flipped through all the cable channels today to see if Star Wars was showing but no luck... So that's why I'm watching the first Star Wars trilogy this weekend (my DVD box set, so no commercials) just to show my love, Wookie-style.


Happy Star Wars Day... from my galaxy to yours.






No comments: