Monday, August 19, 2013

The Beat Goes On...



Yesterday I went on four different searches AND worked for five hours - I got an email from a woman who lives three miles away, which seems like an impossible distance, but I went to look anyway. Talked to a few very nice people who promised to let me know if they saw her. And yet another friend offered to help me look, so Judy and I tramped around and got the word out to more folks. As it turns out, the original sighting that had me so fired up could be a case of mistaken identity after all, according to one neighbor. And this morning I got a message from a sweet girl at the local animal shelter asking if I'd found her yet.

At the window... perhaps she really missed the outdoors after all?


Last night I caught some eye-shine in my back yard, but the only creature I saw was a foraging skunk. I'm going to set out a "have-a-heart" trap back there tonight. Today I plan on taking some cards to a nearby pet daycare center as well as a the only pet store in town. There's still hope that she will turn up on her own, I suppose... and that's all for now - maybe another blog post with more photos of flora and fauna.




No comments: