Sunday, January 13, 2013

Another Sad Farewell


This morning, January 13th, our 13-year-old cat died quite suddenly. I think it might have been a heart attack because he fell over and writhed a bit. A minute or two later and he was gone. 

We adopted him from the local animal shelter six years ago, not realizing that he had some odd behavioral issues, but we couldn't bear the thought of "returning" him, so he stayed and we had a few good years together.  



The hole is dug, tomorrow he'll go into it.


When I am dead, my dearest,
 

Sing no sad songs for me;
 

Plant thou no roses at my head,
 

Nor shady cypress tree;
 

Be the green grass above me
 

With showers and dewdrops wet;
 

And if thou wilt, remember,
 

And if thou wilt, forget.
 

~ Christina Rossetti, Song
 





Rest in peace, dear sweet Hoppy.


 






No comments: