Monday, January 14, 2013

The After-Life Dream

Last night (or I should say, this morning) I dreamed I was at work, writing up a ticket for a customer (a man and his young son, as I recall - there was also a woman nearby) - there were some items that had been crossed out, so I had to do some recalculating - there was a problem with the lights, so it was sort of dark and it was taking me a very long time to finish my task - for some reason, Hoppy was up on the counter where I was working and I picked him up and put him on the floor - then, I asked the customers, "You saw the cat, right? The cat that was just up here on the counter?" - the woman said yes, she'd seen him and I said, "It's very strange because he died yesterday."

Hoppy - the silly old cat is gone but not forgotten


So even though he's gone, he's still with me - his memory lives on - he sits beside the rainbow bridge with all the others, waiting patiently for the others who will follow...


2 comments:

troutbirder said...

It is hard when we lose our pet companions. For me my dogs but each one a wonderful memory now...

TJ Buckley said...

thank you and you're right - lots of happy memories!