Saturday, June 25, 2011

Pretty Little Things








I've been making a few things for belated birthday gifts - here's one I recently finished. This necklace consists of common pink opal, a focal piece, which is some kind of fancy jasper (perhaps spiderweb jasper) some freshwater pearls and Swarovski crystal beads with a sterling silver S-hook clasp. As with all my jewelry, it's tempting to keep it for myself, but I have so many things I don't even wear anymore, I just don't need another one - I will take some joy from the fact that hopefully the person for whom it was made will wear it and enjoy it - so there!

I've also been making some small sea glass pendants from pieces that I actually picked up walking along the shoreline, wrapping them in sterling silver then adding a little freshwater pearl and small Swarovski crystal bead - small, simple and sweet - here's one I already sent to a friend (belatedly) for her birthday...


There are some other things I'll photograph and post in the near future (I made a bracelet out of one of my talented brother's guitar strings, for example) and I am going to wrap some interesting stones and fossils for my friend's kids who have a birthday in July - so I need to get busy upstairs, even though I have still not organized and purged like I said I was going to - oh, no, not even close - in fact, it's probably a little worse up there, because of course I've moved some things up there to relieve the clutter downstairs, plus I opened up the futon to sleep on when we had company a couple of weeks ago and haven't put it back into the "sofa" position... sigh - sometimes just thinking about all the stuff up there keeps me from getting a good night's sleep!! Anyway, I must feed cats and get ready for work now - have a good weekend, y'all

1 comment:

Jen Payne said...

These are gorgeous - even prettier in person, I can say that for a fact!

As for these regular blog posts? Keep 'em comin' baby!