Tuesday, November 22, 2022

My Life In A Nutshell

 


I used to be beautiful

Although I never thought of myself that way

I was tall and slender

With flawless skin and long dark hair

Born with a strong heart that murmurs

And no visible scars


I used to close my eyes and dream

About my fulfilling future life

But I often strayed from my intended path

Following every rocky road

Hoping to reach success

Only to stumble and fall

And crawl towards every detour



I was an actress

Then I was a writer and an artist

I was in love seven times

One is still my friend

Two have passed away

The last one is now my husband

I do not think too much about the others


I am much older and a little wiser now

Not as tall, with short rainbow hair 

Now my skin is scarred, my strong heart still murmurs

If I listen, what will I learn?

How to be truly happy...

How to heal my scars...

How to make the most of my life

Until it's time to move on

To become part of the earth and moss 

And hope the trees and stones will remember

How deeply I loved it all and how much I will miss this place














No comments: