Monday, March 1, 2021

I Will Abide

It's still cold here in New England, with Winter bringing snow and rain, wind and fog. But the Sun is showing up more often now, and I have no doubt Spring is on its way. So much has changed since the arrival of Covid-19, and yet some things remain the same. I'm still alive and waiting for a sign... just like the roots and bulbs awakening in the cold, damp earth, like the leaves preparing to spring forth with unbridled vigor and high hopes. 


I want to leave my sorrows and fears behind... I want to embrace life with every ounce of joy and compassion that I can muster... I want to "sing in the sunshine and laugh every day" (remember the song?) If I could, I would erect another Stonehenge in the back yard and worship the stars and celestial gods of old... 



... but for now, I'll howl at the Moon as I wait for the Sun to return. I will abide.



No comments: