Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Three Sales and a Funeral



Today: Grey, wet, windy and cold - spring is much too slow this year, in my humble opinion.

Went to a neighbor's funeral this morning - she was 91 - what a character she was, such a formidable force of nature right up until the end. I am really going to miss her irascible spirit and our lively chats. She was one for the books.

Then, when I got home and checked my Etsy shop, I got a lovely surprise: A friend bought 3 of my creations - 2 pairs of earrings...






... and the Mermaid paper doll I listed this morning! She is quite lovely (the friend and the Mermaid).

Not only is it a truly wonderful feeling to have my work appreciated, I also get to make someone happy!

And I have finished writing a short story (3000 words in just a few days) that I am sending off to yet another writing contest.


I figured out a basic plot, decided how it would end and, to my surprise, the story practically wrote itself.

Life is so unpredictable - a day can start out somber, or even sad, and then you look up and, if you can blink the tears away, you notice there's a rainbow. 




No comments: