Saturday, January 3, 2015

A Gift from Mother Nature



On New Year's Day, I was puttering around in the house and happened to glance out the window...


"The sky is the realm of the hawk. Through its flight 
it communicates with humans and with the great 
Creator Spirit. It awakens our vision and inspires us to a creative life purpose." 
(source: Animal Speak - Ted Andrews)




Power, Magic, Messenger
Hawk is the messenger, the protector and the visionary of the Air. It holds the key to higher levels of consciousness.
This totem awakens vision and inspires a creative life purpose.

It looks like it was "fluffed up" to stay warm, but it seemed to me to stand about a foot tall... I don't know much about hawks, but I believe it is a Cooper's Hawk, which preys upon smaller birds (which are abundant in this spot, thanks to my bird feeder in a nearby tree); however, it was sitting on a rock wall where a family of chipmunks live.

Either way, it was an inspiring sight, and I will add it to my new 2015 Blessings Jar.





Wishing you a creative, purposeful and magical New Year.








No comments: