Friday, January 3, 2014

Hello 2014, And Welcome



 I wanted to find some inspirational words to mark the beginning of another new year... and I thought this one was worth sharing.

May light always surround you; hope kindle and rebound you.
May your hurts turn to healing; your heart embrace feeling.
May wounds become wisdom; every kindness a prism.
May laughter infect you; your passion resurrect you.
May goodness inspire your deepest desires.
Through all that you reach for, may your arms never tire.

D. Simone


 ... sure, it's a lovely quote, but I was not able to find out who "D. Simone" is (thanks a lot, GoodReads), so I had to go looking for another one... and here it is.



Another fresh new year is here . . .
Another year to live!
To banish worry, doubt, and fear,
To love and laugh and give!

This bright new year is given me
To live each day with zest . . .
To daily grow and try to be
My highest and my best!

I have the opportunity
Once more to right some wrongs;
To pray for peace, to plant a tree,
And sing more joyful songs!


William Arthur Ward 

William Arthur Ward (1921 - 1994) wrote several books, including Fountains of Faith and Thoughts of A Christian Optimist




Wishing everyone a joyful and creative new year!










No comments: