Friday, January 14, 2011

it's a new year - for some


that said -

a bird flew into the front of my car yesterday - so the year is already over for that sweet little soul - the poor thing was having an altercation with two crows (ravens?) and made the mistake of flying too low and right into my car - i was inconsolable for most of the day - i kept seeing the horrible scene over and over - eventually it receded enough for me to function and get through the day at work but i intend to make amends by feeding every bird in my neighborhood (as well as every squirrel, chipmunk, raccoon, possum and cat who traverses my back yard)

in other news - i am slowly making headway in my quest to conquer the upstairs madness that is my "art studio" - i have cleared some space at one end and actually have it looking rather nice, with crystals in the window, some plants and family photos - but there's a long way to go - oh, yes, a very long way to go

i have been doing other things that are good for me - getting more exercise, eating better (and less), creating things (mostly mixed-media collages in an art journal i got for christmas) - and i believe others are following suit (my brother has started going for bike rides - you go, bro!)

i suppose i need to post some sort of photo now - hopefully it will relate to this post in some odd way - but i wanted to post something before the month was out

happy new year to all and to all a good year - love/peace/hope - TJ




No comments: